Call for Nominations for the 2013 ESAC ECO-Award!
The Environmental Studies Association of Canada (ESAC) is pleased to announce a call for nominations for the Environmental Community’s Organizer (ECO-Award).
Each year, the ECO-Award will honour an individual, team, or organization who or that has positively contributed to the field of environmental studies in Canada through community-building, research, knowledge-to-action, or innovations in practice or approaches.
This award was created during ESAC’s 2012 annual meeting in Waterloo, Ontario to recognize the outstanding contributions of Ms. Kira Jade Cooper in organizing and facilitating the 2012 ESAC conference, and to celebrate her ability to bring together several different environmentally-oriented groups and organizations through this conference.
The ECO-Award selection committee will evaluate nominees upon the following general criteria:
- Works within the field of environmental studies in Canada;
- Contributes to community-building within the field of environmental studies through the creation of partnerships, networks, relationships, and projects;
- Demonstrates collaborative and reciprocal relationships and partnerships to address issues of importance to the field of environmental studies;
- Increases environmental awareness through knowledge-sharing and outreach activities;
- Encourages environmental action and empowers and supports others to become involved in activities related to the field of environmental studies;
- Promotes the mobilization of knowledge and research to action and practice.
Nominations for or applications from individuals, groups, or organizations who work in interdisciplinary and multi-sectoral teams to advance the field of environmental studies through the development, enhancement, or expansion of innovative collaborations and networks are particularly encouraged.
This award is made possible by a healthy level of participation and membership in the environmental studies community. All nominators and nominees are encouraged to participate in ESAC by maintaining their ESAC memberships or becoming members.
To nominate yourself or others, please follow the directions below. Nominations will be due electronically on Friday, March 29th, 2013 by midnight (EST) to Ashlee Cunsolo Willox, ESAC Board Member, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection for the award will be made by a committee appointed by the ESAC Board. Winners will be notified by the end of April, 2013, and officially announced and honoured at the ESAC conference at the University of Victoria in Victoria, British Columbia as part of Congress 2013.
More information: ECO-AWARD Call for Nominations (PDF)